Internet of ThingsDummy

Cisco has discovered that a staggering estimated 99% of ‘Things’ in the world that can be connected, remain unconnected. A most part of the remaining 1% as we know is the internet, which is a network of computing devices, tablets, smartphones and servers. Internet of Things enables devices such as sensors, signals, meters, motors, actuators, cameras and many other devices to be integrated.

We have entered an era where the practice of data management is being stretched way beyond the realm of databases and analytics platforms.

The “Internet of Things” (IoT) is opening up a new world of data interchange between devices, sensors, and applications, enabling businesses to monitor, in real time, the health and performance of products long after they leave the production premises. At the same time, enterprises now have access to valuable data—again, in real time if desired—on how customers are adopting products and services.

SAP solutions for the Internet of Things provide everything you need to generate data-driven intelligence from connected things, people and devices. Connect your business with the new generation of Internet-enabled devices in the cloud, transform your existing business processes and reimagine your business and customer experience.

SAP Manufacturing: Increase Production Efficiency